Are you set up to store your excess solar energy? A battery storage solution captures your excess solar energy, making it the perfect addition to your existing solar system. From system efficiency to increased savings, we explore battery storage solutions and their advantages.
What are solar batteries?
Solar batteries are small energy-storage devices that can be attached to your existing solar system, making it even more effective. They capture and store your excess solar energy, rather than sending it back to the grid, so you can use it when you need it. Think night-time when the solar panels aren’t converting energy from the sun, or as a backup power source during blackouts. They’re essentially a stable source of renewable energy that takes your solar system to the next level!
Solar battery advantages
Solar batteries take your solar system to the next level by offering the following advantages for you:
- System efficiency: By storing excess energy in a battery, rather than sending it back to the grid, you can reduce your amount of wasted energy, and use it in your home
- Energy independence: Acting as a source to draw energy during the night-time, batteries help to reduce your reliance on the grid and therefore achieve greater energy independence for you
- Backup power: Stay connected to your own source of power during grid outages so you can avoid stress and disruptions to your household routines
- Sustainability impacts: By using more of the solar energy your system is generating for you, you can reduce your carbon footprint even more, and play a bigger part in a more sustainable future too
- Cost savings: By using your stored energy for longer and taking advantage of it during peak hours, you can save even more money on your energy bills!
3 tips to choose the right solar battery
Navigate your way through the different battery suppliers and types on the market, by considering these three points:
- Capacity: Consider the storage size (measured in kilowatt-hours ‘kWh’) of the battery and ensure it meets your solar system’s needs
- Efficiency: Consider the percentage of energy that the battery can convert (from chemical to electrical)
- Cycle life: Consider the lifespan of the battery to assess its overall value. The cycle life is the number of times a battery can be charged and discharged, before it needs replacing
We can, of course, help you with the right battery storage solution and installation for your home. From greater solar efficiency, energy independence, backup power, environmental impacts and savings on your energy bills – what’s not to love?
If you’re looking to level up your existing solar system, call us to get started: 1300 4 SOLAR. We’d love to help you find the best battery storage solution for your system.